New years eve is on the horizon and if you’re staying in then I have the perfect drinks for you! As you’ve probably read in my alcohol guide, I prefer homemade healthy cocktails to getting them out in bars, this is because I don’t want to be drinking all the added sugars they’re laced with. My favourite of these definitely had to be the Welsh Winter Garden. It was just so fresh and delicious, the other two however are really good too!!
1 Lime Juiced
Splash Soda Water
200ml Cranberry Juice
2 Sprigs Fresh Mint
50ml White Rum
Optional Garnish Mint & Cranberries
1. In a 1/2 L jug, tear up your mint leaves and muddle them with the back of a wooden spoon (or a muddler if you have one).
2. Add the cranberry juice to the mint, add your rum, lime juice and soda water.
3. Fill two high ball glasses with ice and add your mojito. Garnish if you want to make them look fancy
Pomegranate Moscow Mule
2 Limes Juiced
Splash Ginger Beer
200ml Pomegranate Juice
Optional Garnish Pomegranate seeds
1. In a 1/2L jug add together your vodka and pomegranate juice.
2. Fill you copper mugs with ice and pour the contents of the jug over the ice.
3. Add the ginger beer to the top and the lime.
4. Garnish with pomegranate seeds.
Welsh Winter Garden
3 Welsh Apples Juiced OR 250ml Apple Juice
50ml Elderflower Cordial
1. Juice your apples then add them to a shaker with the cordial and gin.
2. Shake it up.
3. Fill two cups with ice and pour your cocktail over.
I’ve not included the calories in these, mainly because by the time I’d finished taste testing I was in no fit state to be working them out but also because its Christmas and if you are someone who tracks, I really do not recommend tracking calories in this period EVER. Enjoy it! Let me know your thoughts in the comments and if you want more recipes like these healthy cocktails. Any questions, as always just message me on instagram..